Deer hunting is a very private, adventurous and earnest venture. This primal pursuit evokes different reactions among us. Are you someone who like to hunt down deer? Or do you wish to take part in a deer hunt but do not have much idea about it? Here, we will be discussing a few tips that will help you in deer hunting.
Deer hunting is like a mania for many people. Deer hunting is very popular, especially white-tailed deer hunting. White-tailed deer are widespread across America. Most deer hunting is done for trophy buck and may cost some money from your pocket.
Tips and tricks for deer hunting
- The smell of humans frightens deer. They can catch the scent from a long distance; therefore it is very important for you to shower yourself with a scent-free soap before you go hunting. Make sure the hunting clothes are washed with a non-scented detergent and kept in plastic bags. Keep the clothes for hunting in a bag with leaves, dirt and other such earthen things. This will help in giving the clothes a natural smell which helps in deer hunt. Wear rubber shoes instead of leather ones as rubber shoes cut off the human scent from lingering on the ground where you walk. It is widely recommended to spray deer urine or scent preventive sprays in your shoes to banish human scent.
- Before going for hunting, the hunter needs to look at the aerial pictures of the place which will give an overview of the place he will be going for hunting. Without getting a clear idea of the place, it is difficult to plan for the hunting.
- Think like a deer. Planning is very important for deer hunting. Before starting deer hunting, you need to have a good plan. Find the locations where it is easy to see a deer. The time and season of hunting will help in deciding the perfect location. The best chance of finding a deer is near a water source. Deer always requires water, so finding the water source will help in deer hunting.
- Go for maximum concealment. Tree-stand blinds are very important as they help to fool these innocent animals and also provide shelter from winds. A Ground Blind is also a good option to use for deer hunting. The ground blinds should be set up a few days before the hunting starts so that it gives time for the deer to accept it. Once the deer accepts it, one can easily hunt a deer.
- Finding the perfect deer rifles is a difficult decision as there are many different types of deer rifles available in the market. Bolt-action deer rifles are the most popular and commonly used deer rifles. They are very solid, reliable and simple to use. Choose a rifle that suits your style and holds well in your hand.
- Using deer decoy or by calling, makes the deer come to the hunting area so that you can hunt it down. Grunt calls are the most popular and effective calls which can be used to attract deer.
Following these deer hunting tips will let you have a successful and memorable deer hunting season.